APPSNO 2017: Innovation and National Security
The 11th Asia-Pacific Programme for Senior National Security Officers (APPSNO) was held from 3 to 7 April 2017 in Singapore.
The theme of the programme was Innovation and National Security. Speakers from a wide range of countries such as Australia, Czech Republic, Latvia, The Netherlands, Philippines, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States, shared their experience on the following topics:
- Innovation and Technology – cyber threats to smart cities, machine learning, and the future of big data in cybersecurity.
- Resilience in the Post-Truth Era – the divisive impact of fake news, influence operations and information warfare, and new ways of responding.
- Innovation in Terrorism and Counter-terrorism – community led interventions, tools for assessing violent extremeism.
- Innovation and Strategic Communication – new methods for internal and external communications in crises, changes in social media and communication landscape.
- Case Studies – artificial intelligence, the role of hackers in national security.
Last updated on 13/09/2019