Distinguished Visitors Programme
CENS’ Distinguished Visitors Programme (DVP) is a platform for international thought leaders to be invited to Singapore to share global best practices in issues related to homeland and national security. CENS’ DVPs deliver public seminars and network with various government and other agencies in specially arranged meetings.
Previous DVPs to CENS have included:
- Mr Tim Godwin, formerly Deputy Commissioner of the London Metropolitan Police Service.
Professor Christian Joppke, Chair in sociology, University of Bern and member of the German Expert
Council on Integration and Migration (SVR).
- Professor Peter Bergen, is a journalist, documentary producer, vice president at New America, CNN
national security analyst, professor of practice at the Arizona State University.
- Dr. Richard J. Danzig, Senior Advisor to the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, consultant to
the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects (IARPA), Chair of the Advisory Panel for Idaho National
Laboratories’ Innovation Center, and member of the Toyota Research Institute Advisory Board.
Dr.Danzig was formerly the Secretary of the U.S. Navy from 1998 to 2001 and the Under Secretary of the
Navy between 1993 and 1997.
- Dr. Linton Wells II, Executive Advisor for the Center of Excellence in Command, Control,
Communications,Computing, Intelligence and Cyber, George Mason University. He is formerly Director of
the Center for Technology and National Security Policy (CTNSP) at National Defense University
(NDU). Between 1991 and 2007, he served various positions in the Office of the Secretary of Defense
(OSD) such as Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Networks and Information Integration),
Acting Assistant Secretary and DoD Chief Information Officer, Principal Deputy Assistant
Secretary of Defense (Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence-C3I),
and Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Policy Support).
- Mr Sean Kanuck, the first National Intelligence Officer for Cyber Issues from 2011 to 2016,
affiliated with Stanford University, Center for International Security and Cooperation.
- Professor Andrew Silke, Chair in Criminology, Field Leader for Criminology, Programme Director for
Terrorism Studies, University of East London.
- Professor Lord Bhikhu Parekh, Emeritus Professor at the Universities of Hull and Westminster,
and formerly Centennial Professor at the London School of Economics.
- Professor Scott Atran, Research Director of ARTIS International, Research Professor and Presidential
Scholar, Center on Terrorism, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, and Visiting Professor of
Psychology and Public Policy at the University of Michigan.
- Ms Emily Hands, Head of National Security Communications Prime Minister’s Office, the United
- Professor Mark Juergensmeyer, Director of the Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies,
Professor of Sociology and Global Studies, and Affiliate Professor of Religious Studies at the
University of California, Santa Barbara
- Professor Stephen Flynn, Professor of Political Science and the Founding Director of the Center for
Resilience Studies at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts
- Mr James Andrew Lewis, Senior Fellow and Director of the Strategic Technologies Program at the
Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), DC
Professor Emeritus Alex P. Schmid, Research Fellow of the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism
(ICCT) in The Hague
- Sir Jonathan Evans, Independent Non-Executive Director, Chairman of the Financial System,
Vulnerabilities Committee and Member of the Conduct & Values Committee at HSBC
- Dr Peter Neumann, Professor of Security Studies at the Department of War Studies, King’s College
London and Director of the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation
- Professor Stephen E. Flynn, Founding Co-Director of the George J. Kostas Research Institute for
Homeland Security and Professor of Political Science at Northeastern University
- Dr Quintan Wiktorowicz, CEO at The Q Group Professor John Horgan, Professor of Security Studies at
the School of Criminology and Justice Studies of the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Director of
the Center for Terrorism & amp; Security Studies
- Professor Farhad (Cavard) Khosrokhavar, Director of Studies at the EHESS (School for
Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences) and researcher at the CADIS-EHES (Centre for Sociological
Analysis and Intervention-EHESS).
- Dr Dan Schueftan, Director of the National Security Studies Center at the University of Haifa, Senior
Lecturer at the School of Political Sciences there, and at the Israel Defense Forces National Defense
- Sir David Omand GCB, Visiting Professor in the War Studies Department at King’s College London
- Dr Thomas Fingar, Oksenberg/Rohlen Distinguished Fellow, Freeman Spogli Institute for International
- Professor Steven R Corman, Jeanne Lind Herberger Professor in the Hugh Downs School of Human
Communication at Arizona State University
- Mr Kenneth L Knight Jr., Analytic Director of CENTRA Technology
- Mr Dani Arditi, Chairman of the National Security Council and the National Security Affairs Advisor to
the Israeli Prime Minister and former Director of the Counter Terrorism Bureau.
- Dr Marc Sageman, Independent researcher on terrorism and founder of Sageman Consulting, LLC
- Mr Peter Schwartz, cofounder and Chairman of Global Business Network, a Monitor Group Company
- Mr Ilan Mizrahi, formerly Head of the National Security Council of the State of Israel
Last updated on 24/10/2018