The S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), a Graduate School of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is a leading research-intensive and teaching institution in strategic and international affairs and policy-oriented think-tank in the Asia Pacific region.
We invite suitably qualified applicants to join us for the following positions:-
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to and play an active role in teaching, research, service, as well as the RSIS think-tank workstream. The teaching load is up to three MSc courses per academic year.
To apply, please click here : R00011346
The successful applicant is expected to contribute significantly to the research agenda of CENS in general; areas of focus could include (but are not limited to) violent extremism, radicalization and/or polarization. Applicants who demonstrate familiarity with the Southeast Asian theatre in particular will be considered as a plus point. The successful candidate must assist in fostering a collegial environment within CENS – one that is conducive to high research productivity and good institutional citizenship. He/She will also be required to carry out some administrative work.
To apply, please click here : R00010871
Research Fellow / Associate Research Fellow / Senior Analyst / Research Analyst (Future Issues & Technology)
The successful applicant is expected to contribute significantly to the research agenda of FIT. Areas of focus could include emerging issues where national security, science and technology intersect, and national security’s evolving relationship with science and technology. RSIS would especially welcome candidates with experience (from academia, think tanks, industry or government) in artificial intelligence, quantum technologies, space, technological standards, and the geopolitics surrounding these issues. The selected candidate will also be required to carry out some administrative work.
To apply, please click here : R00012172
The successful candidate will assist the Military Transformations Programme in conducting policy-oriented research tasks such as assessments of the direction and character of strategic competitions in the Indo-Pacific Region, future warfighting strategies and concepts, and their implications for Southeast Asia. He/She is also expected to contribute to the School’s research agenda, team research and policy-oriented projects, teach in short executive programmes, and organise conferences and seminars.
To apply, please click here : R00010633
The successful applicant should have a research focus in one or more of the following areas: India’s military modernisation, India’s relations with major powers (China and the United States) and regional powers in South Asia and East Asia, comparative civil-military relations in South and Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean security, and river dispute in Southern Asia. He/She is also expected to contribute to the School’s multidisciplinary research agenda, contribute to team research and policy-oriented projects, and organise conferences and seminars.
To apply, please click here : R00010735
The successful applicant is expected to contribute significantly to the research agenda of CENS in general and the Social Resilience Programme within CENS specifically. Areas of focus could include but are not limited to multiculturalism, immigration, socioeconomic class and societal polarisation in Singapore and beyond. They must assist in fostering a collegial environment within CENS – one that is conducive to high research productivity and good institutional citizenship. They will also be required to carry out some administrative work.
To apply, please click here : R00010705
The Centre’s areas of research include cybersecurity strategy, cybersecurity policy and law, international law and norms of cyber operations, smart city cybersecurity, surveillance and privacy, disinformation, foreign interference, technology policy, and other related national security topics. The candidate should have suitable academic or relevant work experience in fields related to strategy, policy or legal aspects of cybersecurity or digital technology, and a keen interest in one or more of the Centre’s areas of research.
To apply, please click here : R00012125
The successful applicant will assist to plan, coordinate and implement capacity-building and network activities in the area of economic multilateralism and provide support to organization’s conferences and workshops. He/She will serve as sole editor of the Centre’s newsletters, and publish policy reports, commentaries and op-ed aimed at a wider audience.
To apply, please click here : R00010598
The successful candidate will be expected to teach and conduct lessons at various SAF schools, conduct research in areas relevant to the Programme and RSIS, and carry out administrative work.
To apply, please click here : R00010198
The successful applicant is expected to contribute to the research output of the programme which includes policy papers, outreach programmes and executive education. The candidate should have suitable academic or relevant work experience in the field of national security policy and strategy. He / She will also be required to carry out some administrative work.
To apply, please click here : R00012228
The successful applicant is expected to contribute to the school through providing research support to the Dean’s office, contributing to the RSIS commentary series and publishing op-eds aimed at a wider audience.
To apply, please click here : R00007579
Research Analyst/Senior Analyst/Associate Research Fellow (Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief)
RSIS is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Research Analyst/Senior Analyst/Associate Research Fellow in the Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS). The successful applicant will play an active role in formulating viable research projects on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR). An interest in the impacts of new technologies on HADR would be beneficial. He/she will assist with arranging of conference, workshops and outreach events and will undertake institutional and administrative tasks relating to research agendas such as data collection and analysis, conduct literature reviews etc.
To apply, please click here : R00011771
Applicants should have knowledge and experience in researching on Malaysia, in particular, its defence and security policies. They should be able to write in concise and grammatical English, and instinctively take an open and analytical approach to public policy and politics.
To apply, please click here : R00009707
RSIS invites applications for the position of Administrative Officer for the Centre of Excellence for National Security (CENS). He/She will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and organising events (workshops, conferences, webinars)
- Managing travel arrangements (including the booking of air tickets and hotel accommodations) for visitors and staff.
- Filing important and confidential documents.
- Booking meeting rooms and organising equipment rental.
- Managing correspondences (e.g., letters, emails, and packages)
- Updating office policies/ SOPs.
- Managing office supplies stocks and place orders.
- All general administrative duties.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Head/ Deputy Head of CENS
To apply, please click here : R00011861
The successful candidate will assist the RSIS Graduate Programmes Office in administering all matters relating to the postgraduate student lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with student recruitment initiatives
- Assisting with digital marketing initiatives
- Assisting with website updates
- Assisting with admissions enquiries and application processing
- Assisting with the Orientation programme for new students
- Assisting with student candidature management
- Assisting with the administration of workshops, language classes, seminars, networking events and other relevant student-related activities
- Liaising with students and handling queries in person at the Graduate Programmes Office reception and online via email and MS Teams
- Providing administrative support to faculty
To apply, please click here : R00011097
As an editorial assistant, you will help to review and edit IDSS’ publications for accuracy. You must have an eye for details. You will ensure the timely filing of the story for online publishing.
As the role requires the Editorial Assistant to work under tight deadlines, applicants with prior experience in editorial work and familiarity with on-line publishing will be preferred.
- A degree in English/English Literature or similar degrees in Humanities or Social Sciences,
- A strong team player with positive work attitude and attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Words, PowerPoint)
To apply, please click here : R00012039
The successful candidate will report to the Events Manager and assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for RSIS’ Events Unit
- Assume the role of Event Lead for events
- Assist the Event Supervisor to organise and manage events with responsibilities for all administrative and logistical tasks including, where necessary, liaison with speakers and guests, flight and accommodation arrangements, vendors liaison, budget management, conducting of rehearsals and virtual test calls
- Monitor the progress of event planning and execution
- Ensure the event administrative and operational requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with RSIS and NTU policies and regulations
To apply, please click here : R00011302
Last updated on 25/11/2022