Following links control the content below
Ming Hui Tan is Associate Research Fellow in the Policy Studies Group at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University. Her research interests include Japan’s foreign policy and the international relations of Northeast Asia. She is also interested in issues related to policy and society. Ming Hui has published in peer-reviewed journal Asian Journal of Peacebuilding, and platforms including The Straits Times, TODAY, The Japan Times, and AsiaGlobal Online. Prior to her appointment at RSIS, she worked as an Associate Librarian at the National Library Board (Singapore). She received her Bachelor’s degree in Japanese Studies from the National University of Singapore and her Master’s degree in International Relations from RSIS.
Areas of Expertise
- Japanese Studies
- International Relations of Northeast Asia
- Policy and Society
Japan-India Strategic Partnership: An Indigenous Axis in the Indo-Pacific
22 July, 2021
Living with Uncertainty: A Whole-of-Society Approach to Pandemics
17 July, 2020
Preparing for Future Crises: Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic
05 October, 2022
Thriving on Uncertainty: The Rise of Antifragile Societies?
14 May, 2020
Kinmen at the Crossroads: A Balancing Act?
18 September, 2019
Currency Crisis: The Next One in ASEAN?
16 October, 2018
CO18152 | 3D Printing vs Gun Control: Navigating the Paradox
19 September, 2018
CO18135 | Indo-Pacific: The Next Growth Engine?
10 August, 2018
CO18040 | The Global System: New Developmental Model Needed?
09 March, 2018
CO18033 | Quad 2.0: Facing China’s Belt and Road?
28 February, 2018
CO18029 | The Fourth Industrial Revolution: An Orwellian Nightmare?
22 February, 2018
CO17195 | A Japan with Fewer Japanese: Enter the Machines
17 October, 2017
CO17035 | The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - Japan and India: Deepening Ties in Age of Uncertainty
23 February, 2017
CO16213 | Escalations in the East China Sea: Is Conciliation Possible?
22 August, 2016
CO16040 | Resuming the Six-Party Talks?: Bleak Prospects
22 February, 2016
CO15240 | The Sixth Trilateral Summit: Style Over Substance?
11 November, 2015
CO15164 | Japan’s New Security Laws: Pragmatic or Revisionist Move?
04 August, 2015
Multilateral Matters - July 2016
18 July, 2016
Multilateral Matters - April 2016
18 April, 2016
Multilateral Matters - January 2016
26 January, 2016
Multilateral Matters - October 2015
12 October, 2015
Broader Horizons (May 2015)
31 May, 2015
Broader Horizons (Jan 2015)
31 January, 2015
Broader Horizons (Dec 2014)
31 December, 2014
Broader Horizons (Nov 2014)
30 November, 2014
Broader Horizons (Oct 2014)
31 October, 2014
Broader Horizons (Sep 2014)
30 September, 2014
Broader Horizons (Aug 2014)
31 August, 2014
Bulletins and Newsletters
- Tan, Ming Hui. "Multilateral Engagement of North Korea: An Assessment of the Six-Party Talks and the ASEAN Regional Forum", Asian Journal of Peacebuilding, 5(2) 2017, pp. 307-324.
Chapters in Edited Books
- “ASEAN-India: Strengthening People-to-people Ties” (with Nazia Hussain) in Tommy Koh, Hernaikh Singh and Moe Thuzar (Eds.), ASEAN and India: The Way Forward. Singapore: World Scientific, 2022, pp. 121-127
- Tan, Ming Hui and Neubronner, Stephanie. "Stabilising Industrial Relations" in Remembering S R Nathan: A Mentor For All Seasons, edited by Mushahid Ali and Kumar Ramakrishna, 177-182. Singapore: World Scientific, 2017.
- “Covid-19 and Japan’s Evolving Work Culture”, AsiaGlobal Online, 15 June 2022
- “Can an Antifragile Mindset Help Reframe the China-US Tech Rivalry?” (with Manoj Harjani), The Diplomat, 27 April 2022
- “30 Years of ASEAN-India Relations: Taking Stock” (with Nazia Hussain), Fulcrum, 14 February 2022
- “Japan and Australia ties blossom”, The Interpreter, 11 January 2022
- “Endemic COVID-19: Can S-E Asia stay on track despite Omicron?” (with Manoj Harjani), The Straits Times, 24 December 2021
- “Building resilient, sustainable and secure cities for a post-COVID-19 world”, East Asia Forum, 1 May 2021
- “What would our future workplace look like?”, TODAY, 31 March 2021
- “The COVID-19 Endgame: Does Southeast Asia Need More Than Resilience?” (with Manoj Harjani), The Diplomat, 31 March 2021
- “Post-COVID-19, Will Urbanization Be a Thing of the Past?” (with Christopher H. Lim), AsiaGlobal Online, 15 October 2020
- “Aligning the future of learning with the future of work”, TODAY, 9 September 2020. Republished in Malay Mail
- “Japan-India: An Indigenous Indo-Pacific Axis” (with Nazia Hussain), The Diplomat, 18 March 2020
- “Rising from the Ashes: How Australia Should Combat Climate Change” (with Christopher H. Lim), AsiaGlobal Online, 5 March 2020
- “Japan and India achieve alignment without alliance” (with Nazia Hussain), Policy Forum, 7 February 2019
- “Indo-Pacific: The next growth engine?” (with Christopher H. Lim), The Straits Times, 24 August 2018
- “The Indo-Pacific: Clarity, Inclusivity and ASEAN Centrality” (with Nazia Hussain), Asia Dialogue, 21 August 2018
- “Rebuilding trust in the global economic system” (with Christopher H. Lim), East Asia Forum, 21 March 2018
- “Time to embrace 4IR” (with Walid Lemrini), New Straits Times, 2 March 2018
- “Quad 2.0: Sense and Sensibilities” (with Nazia Hussain), The Diplomat, 23 February 2018
- “Japan and India: Concerted Efforts at Regional Diplomacy” (with Nazia Hussain), The Diplomat, 1 April 2017
- “Deepening Japan-India ties in an uncertain age” (with Nazia Hussain), The Japan Times, 24 February 2017
Last updated on 16/06/2022