Following links control the content below
Eddie Lim is the Head of the Military Studies Programme (MSP), at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS). The MSP is the primary source of professional military education and training (PMET) for the Singapore Armed Forces in the military arts and sciences. The Programme Head ensures the relevant and timely provision of Masters-level courses at the Goh Keng Swee Command and Staff College (GKS CSC) in the area of Geopolitics and Strategic Studies, as well as a spectrum of other professional military education (PME) courses for the SAF Warrant Officers’ School (SAFWOS), the Officer Cadet School (OCS) and the SAF Advanced Schools (SAS). Prior to this appointment, he was the Head of Strategic Research at the Centre for Operational Learning (COL), situated with the SAFTI Military Institute (SAFTI MI). In this capacity, Eddie oversaw relevant research at the strategic and operational levels, and contextualised it for educational purposes for the SAF. Prior to COL, Eddie was a Senior Lecturer at the Military Studies Branch (MSB), lecturing the courses which the MSP undertakes today. After serving his bond with the Public Service Commission, Eddie attended then-IDSS and attained a Master of Science (Strategic Studies). Eddie is still serving as a Lieutenant Colonel in the SAF as an Operationally-Ready NSman, having attended most of the courses at SAFTI MI, culminating in the National Service Command and Staff Course (NSCSC). He is the co-author for ASEAN 50: Regional Security Cooperation Through Selected Documents and is on the Editorial Board of POINTER Journal, the official journal of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).
Areas of Expertise
- ASEAN Affairs
- Civil-Military Relations
- Strategic Studies
- Military History
- Senior Lecturer, Military Studies Branch, 2008-2010
- Head of Strategic Research, Centre for Operational Learning, SAFTI Military Institute, 2010-2014
- Editorial Board, Pointer, 2013-Present
- Chua, Daniel and Eddie Lim. ASEAN 50: Regional Security Cooperation through Selected Documents. Singapore: World Scientific, 2017.
- Eddie Lim, “How We Fight: The Cadillac of Our Homeland” in 2nd People’s Defence Force: Steadfast We Stand 50th Anniversary, MINDEF 2015. Pg. 96-97.
- Lim, Eddie and Daniel Chua. "RSIS, Military Education and Defence Diplomacy", in Forward Engagement: RSIS as a Think Tank of International Studies and Security in the Asia-Pacific, edited by Alan Chong, 105-111. World Scientific, 2017.
Last updated on 12/07/2019