ReCAAP ISC Piracy and Sea Robbery Conference 2015
Separating Fact from Fiction
What is the ReCAAP ISC Piracy and Sea Robbery Conference 2015?
The ReCAAP Information Sharing Centre (ISC), together with BIMCO, INTERTANKO, and S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) will be organizing the ReCAAP ISC Piracy and Sea Robbery Conference 2015 on 23 April 2015 (1330 – 1700 hrs) during the Singapore Maritime Week at Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. The theme of the Conference is Separating Fact from Fiction and will feature two scenario-based panel discussions using case studies based on real incidents occurred in Asia. Distinguished speakers representing the shipping industry, IMO, enforcement agencies and relevant governmental agencies are invited to speak about their roles, expectations and challenges in each scenario. This Conference encourages interactive dialogues and sharing between the panelists and audience; in hearing each other’s views, challenges and sharing good practices and lessons learned.
Why attend the ReCAAP ISC Piracy and Sea Robbery Conference 2015?
• To gather some of the best management practices and lessons learned through the respective real-life scenarios
• To participate in interactive discussion with presenters and speakers on some of the realities, myths and challenges in an incident of piracy and sea robbery
• To share on the efforts by regional authorities in combating piracy and sea robbery
• To network with leaders and members of the local and international shipping and maritime industry
Who should attend the ReCAAP ISC Piracy and Sea Robbery Conference 2015?
Attendance is by invitation only, and the following people and organisations are invited to attend:
• Ship owners and operators
• Officials in maritime security, marine police, coast guard, customs, immigration and port authorities
• Port and terminal operators
• Shipping associations
• Company Security Officers (CSOs)
• Security and maritime consultants
• Maritime researchers
• Like-minded individuals
If you have any queries regarding the conference, please contact:
CDR Glenda Pereyra, email: [email protected], telephone: +65 6376 3081.
For more details about the programme, please go to this website:
Organised by Maritime Security Programme, IDSS