The mission of the Centre for NTS Studies is to conduct research and produce policy-relevant analyses aimed at furthering awareness and building capacity to address NTS issues and challenges in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond.
To fulfil this Mission, the Centre for NTS Studies aims to:
• Advance the understanding of NTS issues and challenges in the Asia-Pacific by highlighting gaps in knowledge and policy, and identifying best practices among state and non-state actors in responding to these challenges.
• Provide a platform for scholars and policymakers within and outside Asia to discuss and analyse NTS issues in the region.
• Network with institutions and organisations worldwide to exchange information, insights and experiences in the area of NTS.
• Engage policymakers on the importance of NTS in guiding political responses to NTS emergencies and develop strategies to mitigate the risks to state and human security.
• Contribute to building the institutional capacity of governments, and regional and international organisations to respond to NTS challenges.
Last updated on 10/11/2014