Following links control the content below
David Han is a Research Analyst with the Malaysia Programme at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) of Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Before joining RSIS, he was a Research Assistant at the National Institute of Education (NIE). Prior to his stint at NIE, he was a Research Officer at the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF). His research interests include critical international relations theory, international politics of the Southeast Asia & Asia-Pacific Regions, maritime security issues, especially on the South China Sea disputes, as well as, Malaysia’s foreign policy. David possesses an Honours degree in Political Science from the National University of Singapore (NUS). He completed his MSc in International Relations at RSIS.
Areas of Expertise
- Critical International Relations Theory
- International Politics of Southeast Asia and Asia-Pacific Regions
- Maritime Security Issues, especially the South China Sea Disputes
- Malaysia’s Foreign Policy
- Research Officer, MINDEF, Singapore (2008 – 2012)
- Research Assistant, National Institute of Education (NIE) (2012 – 2014)
CO17067 | Kim Jong Nam’s Death: What It Means For Malaysia
12 April, 2017
CO17022 | Foreign Policy Lessons from the Terrex Episode
02 February, 2017
CO17013 | The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - Malaysia-US Relations: Challenges and Continuities
16 January, 2017
CO16274 | Malaysia-China Relations: A New Turn?
04 November, 2016
CO16224 | Singapore-Malaysia Relations: Future Prospects
07 September, 2016
CO16178 | Malaysia-Philippines Ties under Duterte: Prospects and Challenges
14 July, 2016
CO16088 | Malaysia’s South China Sea Policy: Contradictions or Domestic Confusion?
19 April, 2016
CO16050 | U.S.-ASEAN Relations: Uncertainty and Opportunity
01 March, 2016
CO15211 | A New Series - Clearing the Diplomatic Haze: Indonesia’s Tense Ties with Singapore and Malaysia
09 October, 2015
C015170 | 1MDB and Consolidation of Power: Challenges to the Najib-led Government
14 August, 2015
CO15159 | US-Malaysia Relations: Strategic Imperatives over Human Rights
28 July, 2015
CO15128 | Rohingya Refugee Crisis: Testing Malaysia’s ASEAN Chairmanship
28 May, 2015
CO15080 | Lee Kuan Yew’s Legacy: His Impact on Singapore–Malaysia Relations
06 April, 2015
- Han, David Guo Xiong. "Malaysian Foreign Policy Toward Singapore From Mahathir to Badawi and Najib: A Role Theory Assessment", Asian Politics & Policy, published online 26 April 2017, pp. 289 - 309, doi: 10.1111/aspp.12323.
- Han, David Guo Xiong. "China's Normative Power in Managing the South China Sea Disputes", The Chinese Journal of International Politics, published online 19 April 2017, pp. 1 - 29, doi: 10.1093/cjip/pox002.
Last updated on 14/07/2015