International Political Economy
We offer cutting-edge MSc and PhD programmes in International Political Economy to students and prepare them for positions in the public and private sectors. Our graduates work at various institutions in Singapore and world-wide, including private corporations, trade ministries, finance ministries, foreign ministries, and various international organizations. For more information about our teaching programme, please contact the Graduate Programme Office.
The IPE programme also conducts research which examines interactions between politics and economics of particular countries, regions and the world. It adopts an interdisciplinary approach as neither economics nor politics alone can fully explain outcomes in regional and global economy. Drawn from both the fields of politics and economics, an IPE perspective help enhance understanding of issues in regional and global economy.
Our scholarly and policy research focuses on issues concerning the relationships and dynamics between politics and economics. Our growing research agenda covers:
- Political economic analysis of specific countries and regions
- Trade and financial integration and cooperation in the region
- Global and regional economic governance and architecture and the interactions between the two
- Infrastructure development and Pan-Asian connectivity
- ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and ASEAN’s Long-term Potential
- Dynamics between economic groupings and arrangements such as the Group of Twenty (G-20), Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), and Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
IPE scholars conduct collaborative research projects with other institutions such as the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the ASEAN Secretariat. Our faculty are regularly invited to speak and participate in various roundtables, seminars, and conferences, both in and outside Singapore.
Research outputs include policy reports, working papers, articles in peer-reviewed journals, books/monographs, chapters in edited volumes, and op-eds and commentaries in newspapers and various online publications.
Our scholarly and policy-relevant research sparks academic debates and policy dialogues as our proposals and ideas are regularly considered and discussed by the private and public sectors. We also disseminate knowledge to the general public as our faculty are regularly invited by local and international media to explain recent developments and comment on matters concerning relationships between politics and economics in specific countries, regions and the world.
- Dr Pradumna Bickram Rana
Coordinator of IPE Programme
DID: +65 6592 1821
Email: [email protected]
Last updated on 28/09/2015