Following links control the content below
Zi Yang is a Senior Analyst with China Programme, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He holds a Master of Arts in Asian Studies from Georgetown University and a Bachelor of Arts in Global Affairs and History from George Mason University. Prior to joining RSIS, he worked at the United States Institute of Peace and Georgetown University’s Center for Security Studies. His current research interests include Chinese defense industry reforms, military mental health, People’s Liberation Army information warfare/operations, and non-traditional security issues. He has published articles through Palgrave Macmillan, China Brief, Georgetown Security Studies Review, Georgetown Journal of Asian Affairs, The Norwich Review of International and Transnational Crime, Asia Times, East Asia Forum, The Diplomat Magazine, The National Interest, and The News Lens International. Zi has been a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society since 2013.
Areas of Expertise
- Chinese Information Warfare and Operations
- Military Mental Health
- China’s Defense Industry
- Non-Traditional Security
- Zi Yang, “Decoding China’s Cryptography Law”, The Diplomat, 30 October 2019
- Zi Yang, ‘PLA Stratagems for Establishing Wartime Electromagnetic Dominance: An Analysis of “The Winning Mechanisms of Electronic Countermeasures”’, China Brief, 1 February 2019
- As South China Sea Tensions Rise, China’s Participation in ASEAN Naval Exercise Raises Hope of Calmer Waters (with Li Mingjiang), South China Morning Post, 6 November 2018
- China’s Military Health Diplomacy, The Diplomat, 2 October 2018
- Vostok 2018: Russia and China’s Diverging Common Interests, The Diplomat, 17 September 2018
- Zi Yang, "China’s State Media is Going Global," East Asia Forum, May 13, 2018.
- Zi Yang, "Blinding the Enemy: How the PRC Prepares for Radar Countermeasures," China Brief, April 09, 2018.
- Zi Yang, "Are China’s Soldiers Psychologically Fit for Modern Wars?" The Diplomat, April 01, 2018.
- Zi Yang, "The Militarization of China’s People’s Armed Police," Asia Times, March 25, 2018.
- Zi Yang, "The Ideology Behind China's Fast-Changing Military," The Diplomat, January 24, 2018.
- Zi Yang, “Assessing Mental Health Challenges in the People’s Liberation Army, Part 2: Physical Operational Environments and Their Impacts on PLA Service Members”, China Brief, Washington D.C., 14 August 2019
- Zi Yang, “Assessing Mental Health Challenges in the People’s Liberation Army, Part 1: Psychological Factors Affecting Service Members, and the Leadership Response”, China Brief, Washington, D.C., 31 July 2019
- Zi Yang, Securing China’s Belt and Road Initiative, United States Institute of Peace, Washington, D.C., 26 November 2018
Last updated on 28/10/2018