Following links control the content below
Manoj Harjani is a Research Fellow in the Future Issues & Technology cluster at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining RSIS, Manoj was in the Singapore Public Service, with stints at the Public Service Division, Prime Minister’s Office Strategy Group and Ministry of Trade and Industry. Manoj holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the National University of Singapore.
Areas of Expertise
• Intersection of geopolitics and technology
• Emerging strategic risks
• Strategic foresight and scenario planning
Rethinking the ‘Quantum Apocalypse’
20 May, 2022
The Paradox of Scaling AI: New Age or Future Winter?
14 December, 2021
Singapore’s AI ‘Living Lab’: Safety Rules Essential
28 September, 2021
Facial Recognition: More Peril than Promise?
10 February, 2021
Smart Nation: Privacy Protection and Public Trust
02 February, 2021
Artificial Intelligence: Sustaining Singapore’s AI Ambitions
24 November, 2020
Between Byte and Bark: Singapore, US & Chinese Tech
16 October, 2020
5G and Techno-Nationalism: Choosing Sides?
17 July, 2020
Global Health Security: COVID-19 and Its Impacts - Early Warning Systems: Stumbling Blocks Post-Pandemic
16 June, 2020
IP22045 | Will Quantum Supply Chains Fall Victim to Geopolitics?
18 August, 2022
- “We Are All Stakeholders in an AI-supplemented World: Sino-US Rivalry and the Management of a Globally Transformative Technology” (with Basil C. Bitas) in China and the World, Vol. 3, No. 4, 2020. Online
- “US–China economic competition rests on intellectual property” (with Hannah Sworn), East Asia Forum, 29 June 2022
- “Indigenous 6G: Can India pull it off?”, 360info, 16 May 2022
- “Can an Antifragile Mindset Help Reframe the China-US Tech Rivalry?” (with Tan Ming Hui), The Diplomat, 27 April 2022
- “Endemic COVID-19: Can S-E Asia stay on track despite Omicron?” (with Tan Ming Hui), The Straits Times, 24 December 2021
- “Is the EU’s AI legislation a good fit for ASEAN?”, East Asia Forum, 14 July 2021
- “Is Southeast Asia Ready for a US-China Tech Decoupling?”, The Interpreter, 31 May 2021
- “The COVID-19 Endgame: Does Southeast Asia Need More Than Resilience?” (with Tan Ming Hui), The Diplomat, 31 March 2021
- “Between Byte and Bark — Singapore, US and Chinese Tech” (with Shashi Jayakumar), TODAY, 22 October 2020
- “Choosing sides? 5G and techno-nationalism” (with Shashi Jayakumar), The Straits Times, 8 July 2020
- Speaker, U.S.-Singapore Tech & Innovation Virtual Dialogue, Session 5: Considerations for the US-Singapore Digital Economies in the Wake of the Invasion of Ukraine (virtual), 18 April 2022.
- Speaker, “Beyond ‘One Planet, Two Worlds’: Southeast Asian Responses to US-China Rivalry over 5G Network Infrastructure,” Association of International Studies and Regional Development (Japan) 11th Annual Conference (virtual), 11 December 2021.
- Speaker, “Unpacking the ‘Tech Decoupling’ in Southeast Asia,” Australian National University Geoeconomics Working Group Seminar (virtual), 7 October 2021.
Last updated on 24/05/2022