Following links control the content below
Mr Han Fook Kwang is a Senior Fellow at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies and Editor-At-Large with The Straits Times.
He spent 10 years in the Singapore Government Administrative Service before joining The Straits Times in 1989. He was Editor of the paper from 2002 to 2012.
Mr Han is a board member of the Building & Construction Authority, the Charity Council, and Raffles Institution.
He is the co-author of several books on Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew including, Lee Kuan Yew: The Man and His Ideas and Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going. His latest book, Singapore in Transition: Hope, Anxiety and Question Marks was published in 2016.
He graduated from the University of Leeds in Mechanical Engineering under a Colombo Plan scholarship. He also holds a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard University under a Singapore Government scholarship.
His research interest at RSIS is on the Singapore identity, how it has changed over the years and how it might evolve in the future.
Areas of Expertise
- Media and Public Policy
- Politics and Governance
Global Health Security - COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons from Lee Kuan Yew
26 March, 2020
Forging Cohesive Societies - Singapore’s Multiracialism: A Matter of Identity
24 April, 2019
Post-Lee Kuan Yew World: Is His Strategic Vision Still Relevant?
01 April, 2019
Democracy in Crisis: It’s the next disruption
05 March, 2019
CO18092 | The Maldives: Lessons for Small States in a Changing World
04 June, 2018
CO18056 | China’s Rise: Role of Two Defining Generations
28 March, 2018
CO17082 | Can Governments Stop Fake News?
02 May, 2017
CO17027 | The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - America At War With Itself
10 February, 2017
CO16314 | The Disruptive Search for Identity
28 December, 2016
CO16280| The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - A Divided America: Good or Bad for the World?
11 November, 2016
RSIS Workshop on Geopolitics and Technology
05 February, 2020
- “There is No One, Easy Solution to PMD Issue”, The Straits Times, 24 November 2019
- “Future of Work? Fix How We View it Today First”, The Straits Times, 10 November 2019
- “Why Immigration isn’t a Numbers Game”, The Straits Times, 27 October 2019
- “Disinformation? Fight with Openness and Transparency”, The Straits Times, 6 October 2019
- “Young Singaporeans will Want a Different City”, The Straits Times, 8 September 2019
- “Wanted: Fresh Ideas for Singapore Economy”, The Straits Times, 25 August 2019
- “Lessons from Hong Kong? Look Beyond Street Violence”, The Straits Times, 11 August 2019
- “How to Make People Pay High Taxes Happily”, The Straits Times, 28 July 2019
- “Let’s Talk Openly About Religion – Yours and Mine”, The Straits Times, 7 July 2019
- “US-China Dispute: Now Better than Later”, The Straits Times, 16 June 2019
- “What are Singaporeans Insecure about? Let’s Talk about it”, The Straits Times, 12 May 2019
- “Truth, Falsehood and Power: Who Decides?”, The Straits Times, 28 April 2019
- “In Post-Lee Kuan Yew World, is His Strategic Vision Still Relevant?”, The Straits Times, 7 April 2019
- “Brilliant Policy! But can it be Simpler?”, The Straits Times, 17 March 2019
- “Democracy in Crisis? It’s the Next Disruption”, The Straits Times, 3 March 2019
- “Looking Up to Leaders to Tell the Hard Truth”, The Straits Times, 17 February 2019
- “SAF Training Deaths: Listen to What Soldiers Say”, The Straits Times, 3 February 2019
- “What is Beauty? I Went Round the World to Find Out”, The Straits Times, 20 January 2019
- “The 4G Question: Whither Exceptional Singapore?”, The Straits Times, 8 January 2019
- “Who will Save Hawker Food?”, The Straits Times, 16 September 2018
- “The Twists and Turns of HDB Flat Values”, The Straits Times, 2 September 2018
- “Is the Ground Sour? Time for the 4G Leaders to Tackle it”, The Straits Times, 26 August 2018
- “Singapore Needs to Get Smarter about Digital World”, The Straits Times, 5 August 2018
- “Government can Do More to Increase Housing Choices”, The Straits Times, 15 July 2018
- “Football and VAR: For Better or For Worse?”, The Straits Times, 1 July 2018
- “Time for Singapore and Malaysia to Discard Old Stereotypes”, The Straits Times, 17 June 2018
- “Ministers, Please Speak Plainly to the People”, The Straits Times, 3 June 2018
- “People Power Rules, But still Needs a Leader”, The Straits Times, 20 May 2018
- “Thinking Aloud: What Qualities Should a PM Have?”, The Straits Times, 6 May 2018
- “Shanghai Dolly and the Long Arm of the Law”, The Straits Times, 22 April 2018
- “4G Leaders Need to Find their Own Way to Forge Ties with People”, The Straits Times, 8 April 2018
- “China’s Rise: Role of Two Defining Generations”, The Straits Times, 30 March 2018
- Inequality Looks Like This? Help!
Last updated on 02/03/2018