Following links control the content below
Gulizar Haciyakupoglu is a Research Fellow at the Centre of Excellence for National Security (CENS), S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Her research interests include disinformation campaigns; online trust; gender equality advocacy in cyberspace; and feminism in Islam. She holds a Ph.D. from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Communications and New Media Department (CNM), and an MA in Political Communication from the University of Sheffield. She received her bachelor’s degree in Global and International Affairs from the Dual-Diploma Programme of the State University of New York (SUNY) Binghamton and Bogazici University Turkey. Before embarking on an academic career, she worked as a Channel Sales Manager at IBM Turkey.
Areas of Expertise
- Disinformation Campaigns in Cyberspace
- Trust in Cyberspace
- Internet, Communication and Authority
- Feminism in Islam
- Gender Equality Advocacy in Cyberspace
- Online Activism
Countering Fake News: A Survey of Recent Global Initiatives
07 March, 2018
- Social Media, Disruption and Disinformation: Staying Resilient in the Face of Disinformation Campaigns
- Civilians in the Information Operations Battlefront: China’s Information Operations in the Taiwan Straits
- Haciyakupoglu, G. “The ‘Fake News’ Label and Politicisation of Malaysia’s Elections.” Defence Strategic Communications vol. 5, (Autumn 2018): 87-128. DOI
- Haciyakupoglu, G. “Explosion of Meanings: Complexities Surrounding the Multiple Meanings of Martyrdom in the Context of Turkey”. Middle East - Topics & Arguments, Vol. 8, May 2017, pp. 97-04, doi:10.17192/meta.2017.8.6021.
- Haciyakupoglu, G., Zhang, Weiyu. "Social Media and Trust during the Gezi Protests in Turkey", Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Volume 20, Issue 4, 1 July 2015, Pages 450–466
- Haciyakupoglu, G. and Wu Shang-Su. “China’s Social Credit System: the black market and inequalities.” The Interpreter, Lowy Institute, March 18, 2019.
- Haciyakupoglu, G. “Southeast Asia’s Battle Against Disinformation.” Diplomat, February 12 2019
- Haciyakupoglu, G. "Malaysia’s Elections and the Anti-Fake News Act", The Diplomat, April26, 2018. https://thediplomat.com/2018/04/malaysias-elections-and-the-anti-fake-news-act/
Last updated on 13/06/2018