The Workshop on ‘Understanding and Countering Disinformation, Online Falsehoods and Fake News will be held from 24 to 25 July 2018 in Singapore, in collaboration with the Ministry of Defence of Singapore.
This two-day workshop aims to: (a) enhance our understanding of the issues from a multi-disciplinary perspective, (b) learn how countries and organisations around the world are coping with the issues; and (c) explore existing and new methods to counter the issues.
Leading experts (made up of a combination of local and international speakers) from academia, non-governmental and international organisations, and governments around the world have been invited to share their thoughts and experiences.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Janis Sarts, Director, NATO StratCom Centre of Excellence
- Alexios Mantzarlis, Faculty and Director, International Fact-Checking Network, Poynter
- Anim Van Wyk, Editor, Africa Check, South Africa
- Craig Silverman, Media Editor, BuzzFeed News
- Karolin Schwarz, Founder, Hoaxmap.Org
- Eoghan Sweeney, Global Training Director, First Draft, Harvard Kennedy School
- Giedrius Sakalauskas, Director, Res Publica; and Baltic Elves, Lithuania
- Alan Davis, Asia & Eurasia Director, Institute for War & Peace Reporting
- Sanjana Hattotuwa, Senior Researcher, Centre for Policy Alternatives; and Advisor, ICT4Peace Foundation
- Annie Klomhaus, Vice President of Operations, New Knowledge
- Dr Ross Tapsell, Director, ANU Malaysia Institute, ANU College of Asia and Pacific, Australian National University
- Asst Prof Edson C Tandoc Jr, Assistant Professor, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University
- Donara Barojan, Assistant Director, R&D, Digital Forensic Research Lab, Atlantic Council
- Barbora Maronkova, Director, NATO Information and Documentation Centre, Ukraine
For invitation enquiries please contact:-
Mr Edward Lim
Tel: (65) 76790-6488
E-mail: [email protected]