The S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture
The S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture Series at RSIS was established in 2007. It is funded by an endowment established from a generous personal donation by Dr Lee Seng Tee, a well-known Singapore philanthropist, and a matching grant from the Singapore Government. Dr Lee was a well-known benefactor of educational establishments both local and overseas, including the Nanyang Technological University, which RSIS is a part of. Income created from the S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture Endowment is used to invite renowned scholars and policymakers to speak to a Singapore-wide audience on key strategic issues of our time.
The Endowed Professorships at RSIS are detailed HERE.
The scholars who held this Chair previously are listed below, and their talks are accessible at the link given.
- Dr Volker Perthes, Executive Chairman and Director of SWP (Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik), German Institute for International and Security Affairs, Berlin, Germany, from 26 to 31 August 2019
- Professor Brahma Chellaney, Professor of Strategic Studies, Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, from 28 to 31 October 2018
- Baroness Valerie Amos, Director, The School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, from 25 to 28 October 2017
- Mr Hitoshi Tanaka, Chairman, Institute for International Strategy, Japan Research Institute, Ltd; Senior Fellow, Japan Center for International Exchange; and Former Deputy Foreign Minister, Japan, from 5 to 8 February 2017
- Professor Takashi Shiraishi, President of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, from 19 to 24 September 2015
- Professor Lawrence Freedman, Professor of War Studies, King’s College, London, from 9 to 12 September 2014
- Professor Aaron Friedberg, Professor of Politics and International Affairs, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, from 4 to 7 January 2012
Last updated on 08/08/2022