Following links control the content below
Vincent Mack Zhi Wei is an Associate Research Fellow at the Centre for Non-Traditional Security (NTS) Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He has a MSc in International Political Economy from RSIS, NTU and a B.Soc.Sc Sociology degree from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore. He currently specialises in dynamic modelling of public policy systems, with a focus on food and climate change.
A researcher and educator, he had worked as a research assistant in INSEAD managing field and laboratory marketing experiments. He had also served as an Adjunct Lecturer in Temasek Polytechnic, teaching Sociology and Research Methods in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Prior to doing research, he served as Public Policy Executive at the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) in Singapore specialising in the area of Elderly and Disability Policy. He had helped incorporate Maintenance Exercise Programmes for elderly clients and dementia-friendly features into eldercare centres nation-wide. He had also helped develop training programmes for formal and informal eldercare workers.
Areas of Expertise
- Social Movements, Protests, and Political Mobilisation
- Labour Unions and Vulnerable Populations
- Political Sociology, International Political Economy and Discourse Analysis
- Dynamic modelling of public policy systems
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
ASEAN’s New Economic Player - Vietnam: ICT as Engine of Rapid Growth
13 May, 2019
CO18169 | Overdose of Quantitative Easing: Economic Weather Changing?
16 October, 2018
CO18152 | 3D Printing vs Gun Control: Navigating the Paradox
19 September, 2018
CO18114 | The US-Launched Trade War: Its Wide-Ranging Impact
05 July, 2018
CO18081 | Shared Economy Business: Fixing Its “Genetic Disorder”
14 May, 2018
CO18022 | Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) - Superbug: Time for ASEAN Collective Action
12 February, 2018
CO17138 | Trafficking in Persons and Forced Labour: Southeast Asian Scenario
21 July, 2017
CO17137 | World Agricultural Forum 2017 - Food Security and The “Terrorist Within Us”
20 July, 2017
CO17014 | Science, Technology and Human Security - Getting Singapore Smart City-ready: MRT Disruptions as a Spur?
17 January, 2017
CO16288 | The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - Turning Trouble Around: Re-imagining US Role as Global Player
25 November, 2016
How emerging global trends may affect labour migration in ASEAN
28 August, 2017
- Lim, C. H., & Mack, V. Z. W. 2018. ‘Chinese Dream,’ Global Ambition: Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative. Global Asia, 13(3): 62–71.
- Lim, C. H., & Mack, V. Z. W. 2018, June 25. The Four Challenges of the Belt and Road. China-US Focus.
- Mack, V. Z. W., & Lim, C. H. 2018, August 6. The US-Launched Trade War Affects Us All. AsiaGlobal Online.
- Lim, C. H., & Mack, V. Z. W. 2017, September 19. Can the world's megacities survive the digital age? The Conversation.
- Lim, C. H., & Mack, V. Z. W. 2017, July 21. Can we save low-lying island nations from rising seas? The Conversation.
Last updated on 19/09/2018