Following links control the content below
Tiola is a Senior Analyst at the Indonesia Programme. Her research mainly covers Indonesia’s foreign policy, civil-military relations, and the modernization of the Indonesian Military. Prior to joining the Indonesia Programme in October 2018, she worked in political risk consulting firms in Singapore and Hong Kong. She obtained an M.Sc degree in Strategic Studies in 2016 at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University. During her study in RSIS between 2014 and 2016, she concurrently served as a Research Associate at the Indonesia Programme under the Research Analyst Award. Her publications have appeared in various outlets, including The National Interest, The Jakarta Post, and Eurasia Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Indonesian Defence and Security Policy
- Civil-military Relations in Indonesia
- Indonesian Foreign Policy
- Indonesian Politics
- International Relations theories
- Tiola, “Jokowi’s Global Maritime Fulcrum: 5 More Years?”, The Diplomat, June 11, 2019.
- Can Jokowi Maintain His Electoral Integrity?
- State Defense Program: Mental Revolution or Militarization?
- Indonesia’s China Strategy: ‘Flexible Hedging’
- Juggling Patronage, Politics in Jokowi’s Cabinet Reshuffle
- Is Criminalizing Hate Speech The Way to Go?
- Can Transactional Politics be Avoided?
Last updated on 15/02/2019