Following links control the content below
Teck Boon is Research Fellow in the Office of the Executive Deputy Chairman, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He was the Coordinator of the Science and Technology Studies Programme (STSP) from October 2017 to September 2020. His research covers science and technology policy, disruptive technology and urban innovation. He received his Ph.D. from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore (NUS). He also holds a Master of Social Science from the Department of Economics, NUS, and a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Philosophy from the State University of New York, USA. Prior to joining RSIS, Teck Boon held research positions at both the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and the Department of Economics, NUS.
Areas of Expertise
- Smart Cities
- Emerging Science and Technology
- Urban Innovation and Adaptive Capacity
Lethal Highs: Abuse of Novel Designer Drugs and Policy Interventions
25 March, 2019
Public Policy Implications of the Fourth Industrial Revolution for Singapore
20 December, 2017
Policing with Big Data: More Security or Anxiety?
14 June, 2022
Small States in the New Space Age: Policy Lessons from UAE and Luxembourg
28 October, 2021
The New Space Age: Impact on Strategic Policy
26 August, 2021
Altcoins: Hidden Gems or Outright Scams?
28 July, 2021
Is Bitcoin Junk?
28 May, 2021
CO18138 | Portable Drone Jammers: An Assessment
17 August, 2018
CO18074 | A World Free of Chemical Weapons: Why It Is So Difficult
30 April, 2018
CO18049 | Carfentanil: World’s Most Dangerous Opioid
22 March, 2018
CO18044 | Ketamine Antidepressant: Breakthrough or Potential Hazard?
15 March, 2018
CO17055 | Do We Need A Broader Smart Nation Narrative?
27 March, 2017
CO16313 | Artificial Intelligence-enabled Technologies: Policy Implications
27 December, 2016
CO16264 | The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Coping With Disruptive Change
21 October, 2016
CO16226 | 11 September 2016 - Remembering 9/11: Are We Any Safer Today?
09 September, 2016
CO16214 | Telemedicine: Modern Marvel or Technological Disaster?
24 August, 2016
CO16143 | Pitfalls of the “Internet-of-Things”
13 June, 2016
CO16119 | Rebalancing Encrypted Messaging Apps
19 May, 2016
CO16083 | Artificial Intelligence: Policy Implications For Small States
13 April, 2016
CO16052 | South Korea’s Demographic Dilemma: Impact on Economy and Security
04 March, 2016
CO16036 | We, Citizens of Smart Singapore: Data Protection in Hyper-connected Age
17 February, 2016
CO15193 | A Super-aged Singapore: Policy Implications for a Smart Nation
10 September, 2015
- “Smart Cities: A New Age of Digital Insecurity” (with Yu-Min Joo) in Survival, Vol. 60, Issue 2, 2018. pp. 91-106
- “Taking Stock of Smart Nation Development in Singapore” in Panorama, N/A, N/A, 2018, 57-67
Edited Books / Special Issues
- Smart Cities in Asia: Governing Development in the Era of Hyper-Connectivity (with Joo Yu-Min), Eds. UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2020
Chapters in Edited Books
- “Singapore’s Digital Defence” (with Benjamin Ang) in Alan Chong (Ed.), Forward Engagement – RSIS as a Think Tank of International Studies and Security in the Asia Pacific. Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co., 2018, pp. 76-154
Tan Teck Boon and Benjamin Ang, "Singapore's Digital Defences" in Forward Engagement: RSIS as a Think Tank of International Studies and Security in the Asia-Pacific, edited by Alan Chong (Singapore: World Scientific, 2017), 65-71
- “What can Singapore Do to Counter Rogue Drones and Airport Incursions?” (with Nandhakumar Gunasekaran), TODAY, 24 June 2019
- “Are Smart Cities Safe?” (with Yu-Min Joo ), Global-is-Asian, 3 April 2018
- Teck-Boon Tan and Shang-Su Wu. “Policy Ramifications of Industry 4.0.” Global-Is-Asian, 30 January 2018. http://global-is-asian.nus.edu.sg/index.php/policy-ramifications-industry-4-0/
Tan Teck Boon, "Demystifying artificial intelligence and its repercussions", TODAY, 18 December 2016
Ramakrishna, Kumar and Teck Boon, Tan - "September 11, 2016 – Remembering 9/11: Are We Any Safer Today? – Analysis", Eurasia Review, 11 September 2016
Tan Teck Boon, "Striking a balance between the risks and benefits of the Internet-of-Things" TODAY, 8 June 2016
Teck Boon, Teck - "Artificial Intelligence: Policy Implications For Small States – Analysis", Eurasia Review, 14 April 2016
Tan Teck Boon, "Breaking unbreakable encryption apps", TODAY, 6 April 2016
Last updated on 21/04/2021