Following links control the content below
Romain Quivooij, French and New Zealand citizen, is an Associate Research Fellow affiliated with the Radicalisation Studies Programme. He studied at the Institute of International and Strategic Relations, Paris, and obtained his Master of Arts in International Conflict Studies, with distinction, from King’s College London.
Prior to joining CENS, Romain was a Researcher for the General Staff of the French Armed Forces. He was also an intern at the Institute of Strategic Research of the French Military School and the Emerging Security Threats programme of the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research. In addition, he worked for the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development on diverse topics such as legalisation and biometrics.
His research interests include radicalisation and de-radicalisation processes; online extremism; armed insurgent movements; counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency.
Areas of Expertise
- Radicalisation and De-radicalisation Processes
- Online Extremism
- Radical Islam
- Armed Insurgents Movements
WP301 | The French Counter-radicalisation Strategy
27 December, 2016
The Islamic State
26 June, 2015
What Next? Islamic State After the ‘Caliphate’
15 March, 2019
CO18031 | ‘Radicalisation of Laïcité’: What’s in a Word?
26 February, 2018
CO17172 | Iraqi and Syrian Civil Wars: Back to Square One?
21 September, 2017
CO17121 | Countering Radicalisation in UK: How to “Uplift” the Prevent Scheme
20 June, 2017
CO17060 | Jihad in West African Sahel: Rise of a New Caliphate?
03 April, 2017
CO16229 | Position of Islam & Muslims in France: Three French Contradictions
14 September, 2016
CO16164 | IS Caliphate Two Years After: A Transitional Phase?
30 June, 2016
CO16140 | Radicalisation of Soldiers: Growing Threat from Within?
10 June, 2016
CO16067 | The Brussels Attacks: Challenges of Unravelling Terrorist Networks
29 March, 2016
CO14197 | Terrorist Threats from the Maritime Domain: Singapore’s Response
10 October, 2014
- Quivooij, Romain. “Islamic State and Counter-Terrorist Strategies in Southeast Asia”, Asia Trends, June 9, 2017. Accessed on September 14, 2017. http://centreasia.hypotheses.org/1073
Quivooij Romain, "Chérif Kouachi: A Classic Case of Prison Radicalisation?", Eurasia Review, January 22, 2015
- Quivooij, Romain. "The Islamic State's Offensive in Iraq: Can Tribal Unity Prevail in the Al-Anbar Province?", Online Opinion, January 16, 2015. Accessed on July 12, 2016. http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=17014
- Quivooij, Romain. "'Former' Foreign Fighters: Separating the Foes from Potential Assets", Online Opinion, November 24, 2014
Last updated on 15/04/2018