Following links control the content below
Prashant Waikar is a Research Analyst with the Malaysia Programme at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) of Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Prashant possesses an M.Sc. in International Relations from RSIS, and a B.A. (Hons) in Sociology from NTU. His research interests include party politics, race and religio-political discourses, racialization and international politics, and applied discourse analysis.
Areas of Expertise
- Party politics
- Racial and religio-political discourses
- Racialization and international politics
- Discourse analysis
Malaysia and the Rome Statute: Domestic Debate Over?
21 May, 2019
Changing Federal-State Relations - Malaysia’s Third Vote: Bringing Back Local Council Elections?
05 March, 2019
Malaysia’s Changing Federal-State Relations - Post-GE14: Decentralising Federal-Selangor Governance
01 March, 2019
ICERD and Old Politics: New Twists in Post-Election Malaysia?
21 December, 2018
CO17238 | Tudung Ban in Malaysian Hotels: Differing Political Responses
19 December, 2017
- Mohamed Nawab Mohamed Osman and Prashant Waikar, “Fear and Loathing: Uncivil Islamism and Indonesia’s Anti-Ahok Movement,” Indonesia 106, (October 2018): 89-109
- Prashant Waikar, “Reading Islamophobia in Hindutva: An Analysis of Narendra Modi’s Political Discourse,” Islamophobia Studies Journal 4, no.2 (2018): 161-180
- Prashant Waikar, “Reading Islamophobia in Hegemonic Neoliberalism Through a Discourse Analysis of Donald Trump’s Narratives.” Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs 38, no. 2 (2018): 153-178
- Prashant Waikar, “Is Najib’s Popularity Resurgence Just a Blip?” Today, 01 April 2019
- Prashant Waikar, “Why Mahathir is Refusing to Remove Unpopular Leaders,” The Diplomat, 6 March, 2019
- Prashant Waikar, “In Malaysia, politics is becoming local again,” Today, January 21, 2019
- Prashant Waikar, “Mahathir renews Malaysia’s love affair with Japan,” The Diplomat, November 24, 2018.
- With their backs against the wall, UMNO leaders double down on the race card
- Prashant Waikar, “GLCs and Patronage: Understanding Mahathir’s position on HSR and ECRL,” Today, September 5, 2018, https://www.todayonline.com/commentary/glcs-and-patronage-understanding-mahathirs-position-hsr-and-ecrl.
- Prashant Waikar, “Understanding Najib’s vocal stance on the new govt, 1MDB case,” Today, July 24, 2018.
- Prashant Waikar, “Will the Malaysian civil service work with the new Pakatan government?” Today, June 25, 2018
- Prashant Waikar, “Making sense of the Malaysian civil service swing in election,” Today, June 6, 2018.
Arnold Puyok and Prashant Waikar, “Why it is unlikely that Sabah will swing to the opposition,” Today, 8 May, 2018.
Prashant Waikar, “Malaysian youth politics: Is there even such a thing?” Today, 3 May, 2018.
- Prashant Waikar, “Why dissolution of Dr M’s party could hurt the opposition,” Today, 13 April, 2018.
- Prashant Waikar, “Why BN is trying to run down the opposition and discourage voters from turning up,” Today, 5 April, 2018.
- Prashant Waikar and Rashaad Ali, "More to Malaysia police’s questioning of Dr Mahathir’s wife than meets the eye", TODAY, 11 March 2018.
Prashant Waikar, "What journalists get wrong about Islam", Informed Comment: Thoughts on the Middle East, History and Religion, 6 February 2018.
- Prashant Waikar and Chan Xin Ying, "Malaysia’s two-faced Rohingya policy?", Today, 29 September 2017.
- Prashant Waikar, "The manufacturing of moral panics in Malaysia", Today, 17 August 2017.
Last updated on 11/03/2019