Following links control the content below
Phidel Vineles is a Senior Analyst in the Science and Technology Studies Programme (STSP) in the Office of the Executive Deputy Chairman at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He holds a MSc in International Political Economy from RSIS, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. His research interests include digital economy, disruptive technologies, smart cities, international political economy, ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and the intersection between security and science and technology. He wrote several commentaries and articles published by RSIS, Today, East Asia Forum, Asia and the Pacific Policy Society, and Eurasia Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Digital Economy
- Disruptive Technologies
- Smart Cities
- Intersection between Security and Science & Technology
- ASEAN Economic Community (AEC)
- International Political Economy
ASEAN Small and Medium Enterprises: Towards a Sustainable Integrated Economy
03 May, 2017
Brexit and its Aftermath: Impacts and Policy Recommendations for Asia
28 December, 2016
Tweaking BRI: What Southeast Asia Can Do
21 June, 2019
War on Drugs: How To Win in Philippines, Bangladesh
28 January, 2019
Realising Smart Cities in ASEAN
13 December, 2018
CO18043 | Managing Labour Mobility: Stronger ASEAN Integration?
14 March, 2018
CO18020 | ASEAN Digital Economy: A New Pillar?
09 February, 2018
CO18006 | Enhancing ASEAN’s Competitiveness: The Skills Challenge
12 January, 2018
CO18003 | ASEAN’s Electronics Sector: Facing the Disruptive Trends
08 January, 2018
CO17066 | The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - US-China Economic Ties Under Trump: Need for More Balance
11 April, 2017
CO17057 | Brexit’s Impending Impact: Assessing ASEAN’s Exposure
29 March, 2017
CO17010 | ASEAN Connectivity: Challenge for an Integrated ASEAN Community
11 January, 2017
CO16202 | ASEAN Community: Economic Integration and Development of SMEs
10 August, 2016
CO16149 | Road To Low-Carbon ASEAN Community
17 June, 2016
CO16115 | Duterte’s Victory: The Face of Alternative Leadership?
17 May, 2016
Multilateral Matters – January 2018
23 January, 2018
Multilateral Matters - October 2017
31 October, 2017
Multilateral Matters - July 2017
17 July, 2017
Multilateral Matters - April 2017
19 April, 2017
Multilateral Matters - January 2017
17 January, 2017
Multilateral Matters - October 2016
26 October, 2016
Multilateral Matters - July 2016
18 July, 2016
Bulletins and Newsletters
- Vineles, Phidel. "Making the Belt and Road work for Southeast Asia", East Asia Forum, 13 July 2019. https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2019/07/13/making-the-belt-and-road-work-for-southeast-asia/
- Vineles, Phidel. "Realising Smart Cities in ASEAN", East Asia Forum, 21 March 2019 https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2019/03/21/realising-smart-cities-in-asean/
- Vineles, Phidel. "Commentary: The next frontier for Southeast Asia's growth? Digital skills", Channel News Asia, 27 January 2019.
- Vineles, Phidel. "ASEAN and China struggle to buckle the belt and road", East Asia Forum, 26 January 2019.
- Vineles, Phidel. "Advancing ASEAN's digital economy", East Asia Forum, 15 December 2018.
- Vineles, Phidel. "ASEAN nations must talk so that their labourers can walk", East Asia Forum, 14 July 2018.
- Vineles, Phidel. "Nurturing pool of talent", New Straits Times, 26 January 2018.
- Time for Asean’s own brand product in manufacturing?
- Vineles, Phidel and Mordecai, Aedan. "Brexit's impact on ASEAN", New Straits Times, 17 April 2017.
- Maverick from Mindanao
- What ASEAN’s enterprises need to succeed
Last updated on 30/07/2019