Following links control the content below
- Areas of Expertise
- Professional Activities
- RSIS Publications
- External Publications
- RSIS Modules Taught
Chia-yi Lee is Assistant Professor at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. She obtained her PhD in Political Science from Washington University in St. Louis, USA, in December 2013. Her research mainly focuses on analyzing the interaction between external economic factors and domestic politics using sophisticated quantitative methods. Her research interests include international political economy, natural resources, foreign direct investment, terrorism, political methodology, and game theory. Her works have been published in (or accepted to) Journal of Peace Research and Foreign Policy Analysis. She is currently working on several articles and a book project based on her doctoral dissertation “The Globalization of Natural Resources: How External Actors Affect Political Survival in Resource Rich Countries,” which examines the effect of FDI in the resource sector on domestic politics.
Areas of Expertise
- Political Economy
- International Politics
- Resource Politics
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Quantitative Methods
- Game Theory
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Political Science at Academic Sinica, Taiwan, February-June 2014
- Reviewer for American Journal of Political Science, American Political Science Review, Foreign Policy Analysis, International Interactions, Issues and Studies, Journal of Asian Economics, Journal of Peace Research, Journal of Public Administration and Policy Research, Singapore Economic Review, Routledge
G20 in Buenos Aires: End of US-China Trade War?
05 December, 2018
CO17217 | Trump’s Asia Trip: Inconsistent US Foreign Policy?
16 November, 2017
CO17134 | G20 Summit in Hamburg: End of US Global Leadership?
12 July, 2017
CO16232 | G20 in China: Effective or Irrelevant?
20 September, 2016
CO16012 | Resurgent Terrorism in Southeast Asia: Impact On the Economy
21 January, 2016
CO15222 | The TPP and WTO: A Win-win or Zero-sum Situation?
21 October, 2015
CO15073 | Economic Legacy of Lee Kuan Yew: Lessons for Aspiring Countries
31 March, 2015
CO15001 | Falling Oil Price: An Opportunity for Asia?
02 January, 2015
- Lee, Chia-yi. 2018. “Oil and Terrorism: Uncovering the Mechanisms.” Journal of Conflict Resolution 62 (5): 903–928.
- Lee, Chia-yi. 2016. “Terrorism, Counterterrorism Aid, and Foreign Direct Investment.” Foreign Policy Analysis 13 (1): 168–187.
- Lee, Chia-yi and Noel P. Johnston. 2016. “Improving Reputation BIT by BIT: Bilateral Investment Treaties and Foreign Accountability.” International Interactions 42 (3): 429–451.
- Lee, Chia-yi and Tsung-han Tsai. 2015. “State Capitalism and FDI Expropriation in Latin America.” Taiwanese Political Science Review. 19 (2): 133–172. (in Chinese)
- Lee, Chia-yi. 2015. “Chinese Outward Investment in Oil and Its Economic and Political Impact in Developing Countries.” Issues & Studies 51 (3): 131–163.
- Lee, Chia-yi. 2013. Book review for Selling Fear: Counterterrorism, the Media, and Public Opinion. Journal of Peace Research 50 (5): 650–651.
- Lee, Chia-yi. 2013. “Democracy, Civil Liberties, and Hostage-taking Terrorism.” Journal of Peace Research 50 (2): 235–248.
RSIS Modules Taught
Last updated on 22/08/2017