Following links control the content below
Keoni Marzuki is a Associate Research Fellow at the Indonesia Programme. He joined the Indonesia Programme in October 2015 after obtaining his M.Sc degree in Strategic Studies in 2015 at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University. He was a programme associate at the Indonesia Programme from 2013-2015 while concurrently studying full-time at RSIS under the Research Analyst Award. He co-authored a book and contributed a book chapter published by Routledge. His publication have appeared in The Jakarta Post, East Asia Forum and PacNet Commentary. Additionally, he had also published in Indonesian journals such as Jurnal Analisis CSIS, Indonesian Quarterly, and Strategic Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Indonesian Defence and Security Policy
- Civil-military Relations in Indonesia
- Indonesian Politics
- Indonesian Military
After Jokowi’s First Term - Jokowi and the Millennials: Facing the Digital Economy
25 October, 2019
Indonesian Presidential Election 2019 - West Java: Tough Fight in Key Battleground
20 March, 2019
Indonesian Presidential Election 2019 - Old Soldiers Never Die: Retired Officers Behind Jokowi, Prabowo
30 January, 2019
CO18106 | Indonesia’s 2018 Regional Elections - The Race For West Java’s Governorship: Some Preliminary Observations
25 June, 2018
CO18059 | Indonesia’s 2018 Regional Elections - The Generals’ Election: More Officers in Politics, More Democracy?
02 April, 2018
CO17154 | Indonesia-Singapore Relations: The Next 50 Years
25 August, 2017
CO17052 | Indonesia’s National Sea Policy: Concretising the Global Maritime Fulcrum
24 March, 2017
CO16092 | Proxy Wars Narrative: TNI-AD’s Quest for Relevance?
21 April, 2016
CO15264 | Indonesia’s Submarines Procurement Plan: Spearheading Jakarta’s Maritime Ambition?
03 December, 2015
- The Army and Ideology in Indonesia: From Dwifungsi to Bela Negara (with Muhamad Haripin, and Adhi Priamarizki). Oxon: Routledge, 2020
- “Picking up Where We Left Off: The Indonesian Military and Prospects for Reviving Security Sector Reform” in Ritsumeikan International Affairs, 16, 2019, 27-56
- “Sebastian, Leonard C., Emirza Adi Syailendra, and Keoni Indrabayu Marzuki, “Civil-Military Relations in Indonesia after the Reform Period”, Asia Policy, Vol. 13, No. 3 (2018): pp. 49-78” (with Leonard C. Sebastian, and Emirza Adi Syailendra) in Asia Policy, Vol. 13, No 3 , 2018. pp. 49-78
Chapters in Edited Books
- “The 2018 Simultaneous Regional Elections and 2019 Simultaneous National Elections in West Java Province,” (with Chaula Anindya) in Leonard Sebastian and Alexander Arifianto , The 2018 and 2019 Indonesian Elections: Identity Politics and Regional Perspectives. New York: Routledge, 2020, 34-55
Last updated on 09/07/2021