Following links control the content below
Eugene Mark is an Associate Research Fellow under the Malaysia Programme, focusing on the political and economic developments in the country. Prior to joining RSIS, Eugene worked with the Asia Group Advisors, where he provided political, economic and regulatory advice to clients spanning multiple sectors, including extractives, logistics, and financial services. Eugene’s research has been published in several leading international news outlets, including The Diplomat and the East Asia Forum.
He had also worked as a defence relations and policy officer with Singapore’s Ministry of Defence (MINDEF). While at MINDEF, he organised and managed key events such as the International Maritime Defence Exhibition Asia and the 50th Anniversary of the Singapore Armed Forces.
Areas of Expertise
· Political and economic developments in Southeast Asia
- Mark, Eugene. "Insurgents in southern Thailand aren't jihadists", East Asia Forum, June 6, 2018. http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2018/06/06/insurgents-in-southern-thailand-arent-jihadists/
- Mark, Eugene. "What to Make of Recurring Fears of Jihadism in Southern Thailand?", The Diplomat, March 30, 2018. https://thediplomat.com/2018/03/what-to-make-of-recurring-fears-of-jihadism-in-southern-thailand/
- Mark, Eugene. "The 'Resource War' in Kachin State", The Diplomat, March 16, 2018. https://thediplomat.com/2018/03/the-resource-war-in-kachin-state/
- Mark, Eugene. "Exercise Cobra Gold Reflecting US Renewed Focus in Asia", The Diplomat, February 28, 2018. https://thediplomat.com/2018/02/exercise-cobra-gold-reflecting-us-renewed-focus-in-asia/
- Mark, Eugene. "Bangsamoro Peace Process Complicated by Philippine Politics", The Diplomat, February 13, 2018. https://thediplomat.com/2018/02/bangsamoro-peace-process-complicated-by-philippine-politics/
- Mark, Eugene. "Myanmar's Challenging Path to Peace", The Diplomat, February 1, 2018. https://thediplomat.com/2018/02/myanmars-challenging-path-to-peace/
- Mark, Eugene. "Roadblocks to Peace in Southern Thailand", The Diplomat, July 8, 2017. http://thediplomat.com/2017/07/roadblocks-to-peace-in-southern-thailand/
- Mark, Eugene. "Time to Truly Understand Thailand's 1932 Revolution", The Diplomat, June 29, 2017. http://thediplomat.com/2017/06/time-to-truly-understand-thailands-1932-revolution/
- Mark, Eugene. "What the Thai Prime Minister's Visit Means for US-Thailand Relations", The Diplomat, June 15, 2017. http://thediplomat.com/2017/06/what-the-thai-prime-ministers-visit-means-for-us-thailand-relations/
- Mark, Eugene. "Thailand's Missing Plaque: The Final Failure of the 1932 Revolution", The Diplomat, May 5, 2017. http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/thailands-missing-plaque-the-final-failure-of-the-1932-revolution/
- Mark, Eugene. "Thailand's Political Crisis Runs Deeper Than The Military Wants to Admit", The Diplomat, April 11, 2017. http://thediplomat.com/2017/04/thailands-political-crisis-runs-deeper-than-the-military-wants-to-admit/.
- Mark, Eugene. "Does Thailand Really Need Submarines?", The Diplomat, July 20, 2016. http://thediplomat.com/2016/07/does-thailand-really-need-submarines/
Last updated on 18/03/2019