The S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture
The S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture Series at RSIS was established in 2007. It is funded by an endowment established from a generous personal donation by Dr Lee Seng Tee, a well-known Singapore philanthropist, and a matching grant from the Singapore Government. Dr Lee is a well-known benefactor of educational establishments both local and overseas, including the Nanyang Technological University, which RSIS is a part of. Income created from the S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture Endowment is used to invite renowned scholars and policymakers to speak to a Singapore-wide audience on key strategic issues of our time.
The list of Endowed Chairs at RSIS is available HERE.
- Professor Hew Strachan, Chichele Professor of the History of War, University of Oxford, 13 to 15 January 2010
- Lord Christopher Patten, Chancellor of the University of Oxford, 3 to 5 September 2010
- Professor Aaron Friedberg, Professor of Politics and International Affairs, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, from 4 to 7 January 2012
- Professor Sir Leszek Borysiewicz, Vice Chancellor of the University of Cambridge, 8 to 9 April 2012
- Professor Sir Steve Smith, Vice Chancellor of the University of Exeter, from 12 to 19 August 2013
- Professor Lawrence Freedman, Professor of War Studies, King’s College, London, from 9 to 12 September 2014
- Professor Takashi Shiraishi, President of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, from 19 to 24 September 2015
- Mr Hitoshi Tanaka, Chairman, Institute for International Strategy, Japan Research Institute, Ltd; Senior Fellow, Japan Center for International Exchange; and Former Deputy Foreign Minister, Japan, from 5 to 8 February 2017
- Baroness Valerie Amos, Director, The School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, from 25 to 28 October 2017
Last updated on 13/09/2018