The S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture
The S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture Series at RSIS was established in 2007. It is funded by an endowment established from a generous personal donation by Dr Lee Seng Tee, a well-known Singapore philanthropist, and a matching grant from the Singapore Government. Dr Lee is a well-known benefactor of educational establishments both local and overseas, including the Nanyang Technological University, which RSIS is a part of. Income created from the S. T. Lee Distinguished Annual Lecture Endowment is used to invite renowned scholars and policymakers to speak to a Singapore-wide audience on key strategic issues of our time.
The list of Endowed Professorships at RSIS is available HERE.
- Professor Hew Strachan, Chichele Professor of the History of War, University of Oxford, 13 to 15 January 2010
- Lord Christopher Patten, Chancellor of the University of Oxford, 3 to 5 September 2010
- Professor Aaron Friedberg, Professor of Politics and International Affairs, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, from 4 to 7 January 2012
- Professor Sir Leszek Borysiewicz, Vice Chancellor of the University of Cambridge, 8 to 9 April 2012
- Professor Sir Steve Smith, Vice Chancellor of the University of Exeter, from 12 to 19 August 2013
- Professor Lawrence Freedman, Professor of War Studies, King’s College, London, from 9 to 12 September 2014
- Professor Takashi Shiraishi, President of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, from 19 to 24 September 2015
- Mr Hitoshi Tanaka, Chairman, Institute for International Strategy, Japan Research Institute, Ltd; Senior Fellow, Japan Center for International Exchange; and Former Deputy Foreign Minister, Japan, from 5 to 8 February 2017
- Baroness Valerie Amos, Director, The School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, from 25 to 28 October 2017
- Professor Brahma Chellaney, Professor of Strategic Studies, Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, from 28 to 31 October 2018
- Dr Volker Perthes, Executive Chairman and Director of SWP (Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik), German Institute for International and Security Affairs, Berlin, Germany, from 26 to 31 August 2019
Last updated on 27/11/2019