Dr Suthad Setboonsarng
Member, National Reform Council of Thailand
Dr Suthad Setboonsarng has been closely involved in the planning, executing and resolving issues on international trade and economic cooperation in ASEAN and East Asia for both the public and private sectors.
He is currently serving as:
- Member of the Board of the Bank of Thailand - the central bank of Thailand.
- Member of Board of Directors, Banpu Public List Company, Thailand.
- Board of Trustee, International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Philippines.
- Board of Directors, Cambodia Development Research Institute (CDRI), Cambodia.
His past assignments include:
- Member of the National Reform Council of Thailand (NRCT) (October 2014-September 2015), preparing a draft constitution and a strategic plan for Thailand.
- Thailand Trade Representative (2009-2011) - a ministerial representative of the Prime Minister of Thailand on international trade and investment issues.
- Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (2000-2008) – consulting for private business enterprises, national government and international agencies.
- Director of AFTA Unit (1993-1997) and Deputy Secretary General of ASEAN, ASEAN Secretariat (1997-2000).
He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the Thammasat University, Thailand, and his Master of Arts degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Hawaii. He completed his PhD in Economics at the University of Hawaii under a scholarship from the East-West Center, Hawaii.