Following links control the content below
Pravin Prakash is an Associate Research Fellow with the Centre of Excellence for National Security (CENS) at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Singapore. He received his Master of Social Sciences in Political Science (with distinction) and his Bachelor of Social Sciences (with honours) in Political Science from the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Pravin has penned several commentaries, articles and book chapters on meritocracy, multiculturalism, identity politics, ethno-religious nationalism, civil society and local politics on various platforms. He has also delivered lectures and tutored modules with the Political Science and South Asian Studies departments at NUS and has conducted training programmes on multiculturalism and secularism for government agencies.
His research interests include state-society relations, ethno-nationalism, secularism, multiculturalism, communal relations, immigration and the experiences of diasporic communities.
Areas of Expertise
- State-society relations
- Civil Society
- Class and Inequality
The Influx of Refugees: Challenges and Benefits
01 March, 2018
Singaporean Youth and Socioeconomic Mobility
04 August, 2017
- A. Mani, Pravin Prakash & Shanthini Selvarajan, “Tamil Community and Culture in Singapore” in Mathew Mathews (ed.), The Singapore Ethnic Mosaic: Many Cultures, One People, World Scientific Publishing: 2018.
- Norman Vasu and Pravin Prakash, ‘What if We Ignore Race and Religion’, in Singapore Perspectives 2017: What If?, Gillian Koh and Carol Soon (eds.), (Singapore: World Scientific Publishing, 2017). https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/10566
Pravin Prakash. “New violence against Muslims in Sri Lanka has old roots”. East Asia Forum, March 30, 2018. Accessed April 2, 2018. http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2018/03/30/new-violence-against-muslims-in-sri-lanka-has-old-roots/
- Pravin Prakash. ”The Rajini Show”. The Indian Express, January 8, 2018. Accessed January 31, 2018. http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/rajinikanth-tamil-politics-aiadmk-dmk-eps-cinema-5015419/
- Govindran Jegatesen, Hamoon Khelghat-Doost and Pravin Prakash. “Revolution and Evolution: Supra-Nationalism and Pragmatism in Iran’s Foreign Policy”. March 28, 2017. Accessed March 28, 2017. https://intpolicydigest.org/2017/03/28/revolution-and-evolution-supra-nationalism-and-pragmatism-in-iran-s-foreign-policy/
- Prakash, Pravin, and Norman Vasu. “The Other Lesson Singapore Can Learn From Brexit.” The Diplomat, July 12, 2016. Accessed July 12, 2016. http://thediplomat.com/2016/07/the-other-lesson-singapore-can-learn-from-brexit/
- Pravin, Prakash. "Evolving The Leviathan – What Does The AHPETC Saga Reveal About The Shifting Tides Within The Public Sphere In Singapore Today?" 2 Sept 2015.
- Pravin, Prakash. "Bali Nine: The Death Penalty Debate And Poster-Boys." International Policy Digest, June 5, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://intpolicydigest.org/2015/05/06/bali-nine-the-death-penalty-debate-and-poster-boys/
- Pravin, Prakash. "Understanding Meritocracy." TODAY Newspaper, 24 June 2014. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/understanding-meritocracy
- Pravin, Prakash. "The Lion, The Haze And The People." TODAY Newspaper, July 23, 2013 . Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/commentary/lion-haze-and-people
- Pravin, Prakash. "Keeping It Civil: How Now For Political Engagement." TODAY Newspaper, June 1 2013. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/commentary/keeping-it-civil-how-now-political-engagement
- Pravin, Prakash. "3 Stumbling Blocks In The Politics Of Identity." TODAY Newspaper, April 30, 2013. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/commentary/3-stumbling-blocks-politics-identity
- Pravin, Prakash. "Heed History’s Ghosts Of City-States." TODAY Newspaper, April 5, 2013. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/commentary/heed-historys-ghosts-city-states
Pravin, Prakash. "The Need For An Evolving Meritocracy." TODAY Newspaper, February 15, 2013. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/commentary/need-evolving-meritocracy
- Pravin, Prakash. "The Punggol Evolution." TODAY Newspaper, January 22, 2013. Accessed June 3, 2016. http://www.todayonline.com/commentary/punggol-evolution
Last updated on 17/07/2018