Following links control the content below
Mohammed Sinan Siyech is a Research Analyst at the International Centre for Political Violence & Terrorism Research (ICPVTR) of the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. Sinan holds an MSc in International Relations from RSIS, NTU. He was granted the Terrorism Analyst Study Award by RSIS in 2015 to pursue his Masters while conducting research with ICPVTR.
Prior to joining RSIS, Sinan pursued an Arabic Language Diploma from Summit Academy in Mukalla, Yemen. His research focusses on insurgency, civil war and terrorism in Yemen and India. He has written various articles on Al Qaeda and the Islamic State and foreign policy pertaining to these countries. Additionally, Sinan also works on combatting violent extremism whereby he studies Hindutva and Salafism apart from extremism in the online sphere.
Areas of Expertise
- Indian Foreign and Domestic Policy
- Hindutva, Salafism and Online extremism
- Terrorism and Political Violence in Yemen
- Al Qaeda and the Islamic State
CO18068 | Crime–Terror Nexus Along India’s Eastern Border
12 April, 2018
Counter Terrorist Trends and Analyses (CTTA) - Volume 9, Issue 05
15 May, 2017
Counter Terrorist Trends and Analyses (CTTA) - Volume 9, Issue 04
03 April, 2017
CO17059 | BJP’s Victory in UP: Development or Communal Tensions?
30 March, 2017
Counter Terrorist Trends and Analyses (CTTA) - Volume 9, Issue 01
03 January, 2017
Counter Terrorist Trends and Analysis (CTTA) - Volume 8, Issue 11
29 November, 2016
CO16237 | Driving Out ISIS From Libya: What Lies Ahead?
27 September, 2016
Counter Terrorist Trends and Analysis (CTTA) - Volume 8, Issue 08
31 August, 2016
CO16154 | Victory in Fallujah: It’s Far From Over
22 June, 2016
CO15217 | Yemen’s Civil War Protagonists: A New Leader of Al Qaeda?
15 October, 2015
- “Google should turn its attention to battling Islamophobia”. August 02,2017. “Today Online”.
- Siyech, Mohammed Sinan. “India-Philippines Counterterrorism Cooperation”. The Diplomat
- “ISIS lone wolf attacks: Implications for Indian Security”. NESA Center for Strategic Studies
- Siyech Mohammed Sinan. “Assessing the death of IS’ Grand Mufti: Turki Mubarak Binali”. The Levant News. June 15,2017.
- “Countering ISIS’ Online Propaganda”. NESA Center for Strategic Studies
- Siyech, Mohammed Sinan. The India-U.A.E. Comprehensive Strategic Partnership in Regional Context: A Zero-Sum Game? Middle East Institute, Washington
- Siyech, Mohammed Sinan. The Islamic State and International Law: Destined to Lose. World Politics Journal
- Siyech, Mohammed Sinan. Erdogan’s EU Bid: Silver Linings from the Syrian War. Foreign Policy Journal
- Siyech, Mohammed Sinan. Recapturing Mukalla: AQAP in the Yemeni Civil war. MEI Insights.
Last updated on 17/08/2017