Following links control the content below
- Areas of Expertise
- Professional Activities
- RSIS Publications
- External Publications
- RSIS Modules Taught
Dr Kaewkamol (Karen) Pitakdumrongkit is an Assistant Professor at the Centre for Multilateralism Studies, at S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. She completed her MA and PhD in Political Science at the University of California, Santa Barbara, U.S.A. Before joining RSIS, Karen assisted Kenan Institute Asia in analysing trade and industry data concerning the impact of the proposed EU-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement on Thailand’s industries. Her research interests include international economic negotiations, East Asian economic governance, relationships between regional and global economic governance, ASEAN Economic Community, and political socialisation. Beside research, Karen teaches a course on the Political Economy of Southeast Asia at the RSIS International Political Economy programme.
Areas of Expertise
- International Negotiations
- International Economic Institutions
- Asian Economic Governance
- Regional-global Economic Governance Dynamics
- ASEAN Economic Community
Referee for the following journals: Journal of Southeast Asian Economies, The International Journal of East Asian Studies, Journal of Asian and African Studies
WP280 | Assessing the Progress of AEC Projects: A New Approach
05 September, 2014
Participatory Policymaking: The Crafting of Thailand’s Medical Hub Policy
24 March, 2017
Managing ASEAN's External Relations via the Country Coordinator: Lessons Learned from Thailand
22 February, 2016
Governance of East Asian Regional Economic Architectures
01 November, 2013
CO17211 | Trump in Southeast Asia: Opportunity to Bolster US-ASEAN Economic Ties?
08 November, 2017
CO16283 | Thailand’s Rice Conundrum: Time for Economic Restructuring
17 November, 2016
CO16278 | The Rise of Trump and Its Global Implications - Trump’s Victory: Future of International Monetary and Financial System
10 November, 2016
CO16160 | Brexit and Its Aftermath - The Post-Brexit World: How Should East Asian Finance Cope?
28 June, 2016
CO16079 | After AIIB, What’s Next?
08 April, 2016
CO15213 | TPP: A win for ASEAN, A loss for WTO?
12 October, 2015
CO15181 | Thailand’s Troubled Economy: New Cabinet, New Hope?
25 August, 2015
CO15058 | ASEAN Economic Community: Slow Progress on Labour Issues
18 March, 2015
CO14196 | Governing ASEAN e-Commerce: Getting Cloudier
08 October, 2014
CO14093 | ASEAN SMEs: Same-Day Delivery Services for More Growth?
19 May, 2014
CO13190 | Beijing’s ASEAN Embrace: Making Hay While the Sun Shines
09 October, 2013
CO13086 | "Going Niche" for ASEAN Economic Community
06 May, 2013
CO13078 | ASEAN Unity: From Word to Deed
26 April, 2013
CO13076 | The Myanmar Government and Ethnic Minorities: An Unhappy Marriage
25 April, 2013
- Pitakdumrongkit, Kaewkamol. Negotiating Financial Agreement in East Asia: Surviving the Turbulence. Routledge, 2015.
- Pitakdumrongkit (2017). “Beyond the Secretariat: Addressing Governance Issues in ASEAN Economic Community” (2017), The Singapore Economic Review, 62(3): 741–759
- Pitakdumrongkit, K. (2016). “Shaping the Future of East Asian Economic Architectures: Views of ASEAN.” In Joint U.S.-Korea Academic Studies: Rethinking Asia in Transition: Security Intentions, Value Gaps, and Evolving Economic Relations, Vol. 27, pp. 245-264. The Korea Economic Institute of America, the United States of America, October 2016.
- Pitakdumrongkit, Kaewkamol. “Coordinating the South China Sea Issue: Thailand’s Roles in the Code of Conduct Development”. International Relations of the Asia Pacific (2015). doi:10.1093/irap/lcv006
- Pitakdumrongkit, Kaewkamol. “Co-Chairing International Negotiations: The Case of the Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralization.” The Pacific Review 28 No 4 (2015): 577-605. doi: 10.1080/09512748.2015.1012540
- Kaewkamol Karen Pitakdumrongkit (2017). "Building Exchange-Rate Governance Within the ASEAN+3 Process." Global Asia, Vol. 12, No. 4, Winter 2017, pp. 98-102.
- Kaewkamol Pitakdumrongkit. "ASEAN at 50: Making Headway in the Economic Community." IAPS Dialogue, University of Nottingham, September 27, 2017.
- Pitakdumrongkit, K. (2017) Enriching the ASEAN Economic Community. Australian Outlook
- Kaewkamol Pitakdumrongkit. “ASEAN SMEs: Same-Day Delivery Services for More Growth?.” Eurasia Review, May 20, 2014.
- Kaewkamol Pitakdumrongkit and Benjamin Ho. “Beijing’s ASEAN Embrace: Making Hay While the Sun Shines.” Eurasia Review, October 10, 2013.
- Kaewkamol Pitakdumrongkit. "The Myanmar Government and Ethnic Minorities: An Unhappy Marriage." The Jakarta Post on May 5, 2013.
RSIS Modules Taught
Last updated on 22/08/2017