Following links control the content below
Jennifer Yang Hui is an Associate Research Fellow at the Centre of Excellence for National Security (CENS), a constituent unit of the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Jennifer has an Honours degree in History from the National University of Singapore (NUS). In 2010, she graduated as a Tun Dato Sir Cheng Lock Tan Master of Arts (M.A.) scholar in Southeast Asian Studies, also from NUS. Prior to joining CENS, Jennifer had worked at the National Archives of Singapore and the Institute of South East Asian Studies (ISEAS). While in CENS, Jennifer is responsible for research in Social Media Analytics. Her other research interests are: security sector reform, ethno-religious relations and the role of the social media in contemporary Indonesia; epistemology, knowledge-making and their implications on digital maturity.
Areas of Expertise
- Social media analytics
- Security sector reform, ethno-religious relations and the role of the social media in contemporary Indonesia
- Epistemology, knowledge-making and their implications on digital maturity
WP176 | Significance of Abu Dujana and Zarkasih's Verdict
31 March, 2009
WP167 | The Internet in Indonesia: Development and Impact of Radical Websites
10 October, 2008
Countering Fake News: A Survey of Recent Global Initiatives
07 March, 2018
Crowdsourcing for National Security
17 March, 2015
CO16185 | Wisdom of the (Private) Crowd: Helping Law Enforcement Crowdsourcing
20 July, 2016
CO14150 | Indonesia’s Future Elections: Will Social Media Forecasts Determine Outcome?
30 July, 2014
CO14120 | Indonesian Presidential Election: Will Social Media Forecasts Prove Right?
25 June, 2014
CO13182 | Counter-Terrorism in Indonesia: Enter the TNI's Task Force
02 October, 2013
CO13160 | Religious Harmony in Indonesia: Need for New Approaches
27 August, 2013
CO12208 | Attacks on Indonesian Police: Not Just Terrorism?
07 November, 2012
CO12138 | Negotiating the World's Cyber Frontier
30 July, 2012
CO08067 | The Surprise Verdict: Proscription of Jema’ah Islamiyah
19 June, 2008
CO07117 | Counter-Terrorism in Indonesia: Velvet-Glove Approach Works
05 November, 2007
Yang Hui, Jennifer. “Social Media Analytics for Intelligence and Countering Violent Extremism.” In Combating Violent Extremism and Radicalization in the Digital Era, edited by Majeed Khader, Loo Seng Neo, Gabriel Ong, Eunice Tan Mingyi, Jeffery Chin, 337-358. Singapore: IGI Global, 2016. Accessed June 2, 2016. http://www.igi-global.com/chapter/social-media-analytics-for-intelligence-and-countering-violent-extremism/150583
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. “Crowdsourcing Terrorism: Utopia, Martyrdom and Citizenship Reimagined.” Journal of Asian Security and International Affairs Vol 4, No. 3 (2017): 337-352. December 7, 2017. Accessed 14 December, 2017, doi: 10.1177/2347797017731955
- Yang Hui, Jennifer and Dymples Leong. "The Era of Ubiquitous Listening: Living in a World of Speech-Activated Devices.", August 18, 2017, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy Research Paper No. 17-21. Accessed 14 December 2017 https://ssrn.com/abstract=3021623.
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. Review of Questioning Modernity in Indonesia and Malaysia, edited by Wendy Mee and Joel S. Kahn. Southeast Asian Studies, Vol. 2, No. 3 (2013): 620-623.
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. "US Pivot to Asia and Indonesian Police Reform." Asian Conflicts Reports Issue 22, January-February 2013.
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. "Strategic Communication in Papua." Asian Conflicts Reports Issue 21, January-February 2012.
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. Review of The Indonesian Labour Market: Changes and Challenges, edited by Shafiq Dhanani, Iyanatul Islam and Anis Chowdhury. ASEAN Economic Bulletin, Vol. 28, No. 1 (2011): 99-100.
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. Review of Chinese Identity in Post-Suharto Indonesia: Culture, Politics and Media, by Chang-Yau Hoon. New Asia Books, February 12, 2010. Accessed June 6, 2014. http://www.newasiabooks.org/review/chinese-identity-post-suharto-indonesia
- Yang Hui, Jennifer. "The Internet in Indonesia: Development and Impact of Radical Websites." Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, Vol. 33, No. 2 (2010): 171-191.
- Ramakrishna, Kumar, and Jennifer Yang Hui. “Southeast Asia’s War on Terror”. Asian Conflicts Reports Issue 1, January 2009.
Last updated on 08/06/2015