Following links control the content below
Aida Arosoaie is a Senior Analyst within the Malaysia Programme at RSIS, NTU. She has a BA in Politics and Hindi from SOAS and a MSc in Strategic Studies from RSIS, NTU. Aida’s research focuses on an interdisciplinary conceptualisation of violence, religion and Neo-liberalism in modernity and post-modernity. Aida conducted research on violent extremist movements in South Asia, South East Asia and the Middle East and is well acquainted with the socio-political environment of India, Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia. Aida has written various papers, book chapters and opinion pieces. Her research also featured in dailies such as Today Newspaper, Malay Mail and the New Mandala. She comments on issue pertaining to terrorism and religion-inspired violence on different news outlets including Channel News Asia.
Areas of Expertise
- Religion and political thought
- South East Asia, South Asia and the Middle East
New Directions (ND)
20 July, 2016
Counter Terrorist Trends and Analysis (CTTA) - Volume 7, Issue 10
30 November, 2015
- Mohamed Nawab Mohamed Osman & Aida Arosoaie (2018) Jihad in the Bastion of “Moderation”: Understanding the Threat of ISIS in Malaysia, Asian Security, DOI: 10.1080/14799855.2018.1470508
- Aida Arosoaie (2018) Understanding the Creation and Radicalisation of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and the Indian Mujahideen (IM), South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, DOI: 10.1080/00856401.2018.1469205
- Aida Arosoaie, “"In the name of honour and freedom: the sacred as a justifying tool for ISIS’ and secular violence", Culture and Religion, 23 August 2017.
Mohamed Nawab Mohamed Osman & Aida Arosoaie, "Exclusionary preachers: Cause or symptom?", Today, 2 March 2018.
Aida Arosoaie, "Macron’s victory — cause for hope or despair?", Today, 16 May 2017.
Mohamed Nawab Osman and Aida Arosoaie, "Najib Plays the Usual Cards to Secure Continued Loyalty," Today, 8 December 2016.
Mohamed Nawab Mohamed Osman and Aida Arosoaie, "Radio Hang's dangerous network of Islamist extremists", Today Online, 30 August 2016.
Aida Arosoaie, "From KMM to IS: A transnational Islamist extremism movement," Today, 8 July 2016.
- Mohamed Nawab Mohamed Osman and Aida Arosoaie, "Re-igniting the Islamisation debate in Malaysia," Today, 6 June 2016.
Aida Arosoaie, "Brussels bombings reveal Europe’s sociopolitical flaws," Today, 28 March 2016.
Last updated on 18/07/2018